Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prevent last user from disabling Huntgroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

psmit

Vendor
Apr 22, 2005
NL
I am looking for a way that everybody can disable his membership from a huntgroup except the last one.
The customer is running 4.1 and has VMPRO. If the last one also removes himself form the huntgroup, nobody wil answer the call and the huntgroup will record a voicemail instead of the call being answer bij a real human.

You can use a hunt group enable button or you could make short codes.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Surely they are logging out because they are not going to be there, so if the call is made to come in anyway no-one is going to be there to answer it, if they are still there why are they logging out?

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Really @amriddle01? Are we still trying to figure out why people do the things they do and expecting them to do the things they are paid for? I've finally resolved that we must use technology to allow some people to continue to shut down their higher brain function and coast along through life on auto pilot whilst expending as little mental energy as possible.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

^Kyle, at least we get paid to make it happen :)

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

A good laugh is never spoiled but the problem is serious.

The situation is that 3 people are working at the reception, but not everybody works every day of the week. They log off because they don't want a phone ringing at an unoccupied desk. But if they forget to log in the company will not have a clue that some-one is trying to reach them.

Then create an overflow group that rings all 3 phones regardless and tell them if all 3 are ringing they have forgot to log in :)

Easy enough, I am going to assume that the primary group is set to ring collective with call waiting.

Add an overflow group (collective call waiting) with all of the reception stations in it and set the overflow time to say 600 seconds (10 minutes). If the primary group has no available agents the calls will overflow immediately bypassing the timer so long as Queuing is disabled. This way they know if all the phones ring that someone has fallen asleep mentally and they need to log in. When at least one person is in the main group the other phones will stop ringing.

Kyle Holladay

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Snap :)

Great minds do think alike :) I think we should collaborate in world domination :)

DANGIT amriddle01! You only got it first because your post was shorter!

Kyle Holladay

You beat me in "Calls to VM" post, I was just about to answer that :)

Ok this is a very smart idea, except I forgot to tell that queing is enabled.
In VMPRO I used an menu action in the queue to give the caller a choice to leave a voicemail.

as much as it sucks this isnt a feature. how far apart are the desks? can they see each other and when they have logged out?

i think they are asking the system to do something they should be doing themselves.

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

All is not lost although this is going to get a bit annoying for callers and maybe others will have a better idea.

In Voicemail Pro 4.2 on your still queued option add a Variable Routing action connected to your Start Point. On the Specific tab select $TIMEQUEUED and enter something (in seconds) that you would find unacceptable for a caller to hold during normal business hours connect that action to the if you are shooting for 60 seconds I'd use 6? as well as 7? 8? 9? and 1?? just to be sure you catch the caller as 60 wouldn't work if they hit the action at 62 seconds. Connect all of those options to a transfer to your "overflow" group and the No Match to your regular Still Queued options menu.

The downside is that callers will be allowed to queue for up to that amount of time before they route out of the system and hit the overflow but at least they won't sit forever.

Kyle Holladay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back