Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prevent javascript pop up window from changing size

Status
Not open for further replies.

monstermash

Technical User
Aug 15, 2000
US
hello,

i have this javascript...
<script LANGUAGE=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
function popupmain(){
window.open(&quot;popupmain.html&quot;,&quot;popupmain&quot;,&quot;height=600,width=800,menubar=0,resizeable=0,scrollbars=0,status=0,titlebar=0,toolbar=0,left=0,right=0,top=0&quot;)
}
</script>
in an html page. even though the window can not be scaled, it does however have the box in the upper right of the browser window (between the minimize and the window close x) be clickable so a user can click on this and have the window go to full screen. can someone tell me how i can prevent this from happening? thanks. [sig][/sig]

try using window.showModalDialog() instead of window.open() for your purpose.
Adam

It's just a spelling mistake.
U wrote:&quot;resizEable&quot;. (Drop this &quot;e&quot;)
Should be: &quot;resizable&quot;

Oh...It's an old post of yours.
You probably found the mistake ages ago.
Oh well...just in case anyone wondered what's wrong.

i find it nice to answer, even if it's an oooooold question :-V

Thanks iza, for your support.
I felt stupid to answer a ghost.
:)

maybe monstermash became a ghost, but as you wrote, maybe some people kept wondering ... maybe someone else will be glad to find the answer already written ... and maybe monstermash is still alive and deseperate for the answer ...

hey, im not that great w/ javascript, but try this anyways

<script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
<!--
window.open(&quot;popupmain.html&quot;, &quot;popupmain&quot;, &quot;height=400,width=300,left=10,top=10,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=yes,menubar=no,scrollbars=auto,resizeable=no&quot;);

// -->
</script>

if you need to keep that function line, than i cant help you. i always write it this way.

have you read avivit post's above ??? it says resizAble without the E !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back