Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent inbound calls from being xfer to mobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlas

Technical User
Sep 8, 2003
GB
Hi

I have a problem on a CS1000e, CS1000T setup. When and external call comes into an extension that extension can then transfer the call back out to a mobile. Does anyone know how this can be prevented?

Thanks for your help :)

Is this a 'CallForward' problem if so make CFXD in the CLS
Call Forward External Denied

Cheers!!

No. Its actualling transferring the call. So an external call comes in, you answer it then press trans key and put in mobile number then press trans again to connect call.

do you want to stop all transfers to external?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi

Yes that would be a great start. But would it be possible to prevent just mobiles, just pre-empting next question.

Cheers

Set up a NOCOS? to bar mobiles. Depending on whether you are UK and use NCOS tables - Allow, deny etc or US style and use FRL`s

First of all, why do want to block all mobile numbers. You can do this by blocking the nxx's for the mobiles, but you are talking about a pretty large undertaking.

Benjamin Crawford
Presidio Corp
Richmond, VA

Here are my thoughts

The general users need to be able to call mobile numbers.

Callers requesting to be transfered to an out-of-the-office employee's mobile is probably a frequent request - as opposed to "transfer me to their home number" or whatever.

There might be as much justification to restrict callers from being transfered to any external number, over and above Mobiles.

Some users may need to have the capability (like you, the telecom person) while most users should be restricted from performing external "transfer-and-release"

Solution: "Flexible Trunk to Trunk Options". While this overview was written for Voice Mail ports, it applies to any telephone user/TN:

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back