Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prevent from opening db into the form

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgroove

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
US
i am trying to fix an access application that was created a long time ago in access 97. After recieving the file I imported it into 2002 and everything seems to work fine. I can't seem to get started though because i can't get passed the forms. When I open the mdb file it takes me straight into the form that users use to input data and i can not find a way to get to the tables or queries. What i am trying to do is get to the back end of the application so that i can change some of the tables and different reports. How can i access all the different types of objects. (ie. tables, queries,forms, reports etc)

any help would be appreciated.

jgroove

Hi jgroove,

Right click on the file and hold down shift and click open at the same time. Don't let go of the shift button until the DB is fully loaded. Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,
gkprogrammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back