Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent Forwarding of Message in Outlook 2K2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hysonmb

Technical User
Nov 7, 2003
US
Hello,
I have a message which was typed in Outlook 2002 that I want to prevent users from forwarding. It is going to go into a secured folder that only certain users have access to and we don't want them to have the ability to forward the message out of the folder.
On a related note, there is also a .ppt attachement on the same message that we want them to not be able to copy, if one or the other can be done, please let me know.

Thanks

Microsoft Office 2003 includes Information Rights Management, a feature that allows firms to manage and enforce document management and corporate data security policy.

It also allows authorised staff to apply data controls on a per-document basis.

Information Rights Management is not being pitched as a fully secure mechanism for safeguarding data but rather as a means to apply policy-based regulation companywide.

The software includes the ability to disable individual documents; prevent or limit access to a file; restrict the number of times a document can be copied or printed; prevent the sending of a file as an attachment and prevent the forwarding of email to unauthorised users.

Andy Leates MCSE CCNA MCP+I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back