Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent forms from automatically magnifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

as0125

Technical User
Jun 3, 2004
US
Hello all,

I apologize in advance for the long question, but I wanted to make it clear.....

This is a problem I've had for quite some time now and it seems to be erratic. Sometimes my forms enlarge automatically for an unknown reason. Meaning that, I have forms that are originally sized at 8.5"x5" in Design View. Sometimes, when viewing in Form View, the entire form and all its controls have been enlarged proportionally - to say, 10.5"x7". Then every time I make another change and view it again, the form and the controls (including subforms) continues to keep enlarging. I have found no way to reverse this. When I first encountered this problem, I had to re-design the entire form and subforms from scratch in order to get back to the original size. Now I keep backups of all forms so I can just replace the distorted ones. But this is has been really irritating for my DB users.

Has anyone had the same problem? Does anyone have any suggestions - please?!
Thanks for any and all help!

Hi, Haven't heard of that one before. You might check out Docmd.MoveSize

On form load,
Docmd.movesize 2000,3000,5000,6000

Docmd.MoveSize 2000 (Twips Right), 3000 (Twips Down), 5000 (Twips Wide), 6000 (Twips Height)

Hi dRahme,

Thanks for your response. I have a question about your suggestion though: Does MoveSize resize only the form? - or does it resize all the controls and subforms also?

It only resizes the form. I use it sometimes when I want to locate a popup form in a specific area.

You might also want to look at the Auto Resize option in the formatting of your form. Turning that off should keep your form the same size.

It does not explain the resizing of your controls. Perhaps someone else has a suggestion about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back