Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prevent dos window from popping up when running script 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobTechy

Programmer
Apr 14, 2005
US
I am running a batch file thats scheduled to run daily and when it does the dos window pops up and shows the script running. Is there any way to have the script run in the background without showing or having the dos window pop up.

It's my experience that if you use a dos script.. you get a dos box..

we use a mix between dos and vbs scripts.. the vbs scripts do not show black boxes (because its not using dos!)

If you schedule it with the AT command, it won't display a DOS box unless you use the /interactive switch.

Could you create a new batch file that points to the .bat file you want to schedule and do something like this?

echo off
start /min c:\test.bat
exit

Where c:\test.bat is your current batch file you want to execute in a minimized window.

Those three lines in a seperate batch file should achieve the desired effect. Let me know if that does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back