Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent copying

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmac

Programmer
May 2, 2001
US
Is there a way to disable the 'Prevent copying' feature in an e-mail received? I was hoping that changing the value of the $KeepPrivate field would do the trick, but I cannot do this through an Agent as this field doesn't shows in the list of modifiable fields; does anyone knows how to do this?
Thanks,
Ed.

It would be rather pointless to include a copy prevention functionality for the sender if the recipient could disable it at will, don't you think ?
The way Notes expects you to react is to contact the sender and ask him to resend the data without the prevent copy restriction.

Pascal.

If it is only the text of the email you wish to copy, have you tried looking at the properties tab, and highlighting the contents of the 'Body' field.
You should then be able to copy (CTRL+C) the info and paste at will.
I can't try this until I'm next in the office, but I think it might have worked for me in the past.
Sorry if it doesn't (or if it's not what you were after!!)

I read a book once called '101 Things to do in Binary'.
It was the best 5 things I ever read.

Tried through the properties tab and it doesn't work. Cannot access the text in body field as it is greyed out. Has anyone found a way to do this without the use of other software?

All you need is an agent with the following formula:
FIELD $KeepPrivate:=@DeleteField

That will do it.

aelliott, I'm getting a formula error: "No main or selection expression in formula:'@DeleteField'" when I try to add the formula you suggested to an agent; am I do something wrong?
Thanks.

Oh right....here's the ammended formula:

FIELD $KeepPrivate:=@DeleteField;

Adding the '1' on the following line gives the formula a return value to satisfy Notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back