Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent automatic refresh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessicatx

Programmer
Oct 14, 2002
US
Every time that I change a formula or running total in the design of the report, and then save the formula, the report automatically "kicks off" once again and refreshes itself. How can I prevent this from happening? I am using CR 8.5 and am accessing Oracle tables.

You're probably changing the data returned, so it's refreshing for you.

During design I will often limit the rows being returned using the report->record selection formula->Record and place a severely limiting constraint, such as {table.date} > = currentdate-3, or whatever allows for an instant response.

-k

At least in 8.0, if you stay in design mode, you can make changes without refreshing--at least you have the option of saying "no" if it wants to refresh. I always kick myself when I accidentally make changes while in preview. SV's idea is a good one--shortens the wait...

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back