Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent area of window from scrolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhowes

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2001
ZA
Hi

How do I prevent an area of a window from scrolling? I know I could use frames, however I am usinf frames already. In the "_main" frame (I have a top frame and a main frame) I have a "toolbar" of images and when the user scrolls down the page I always want this toolbar visible.

I assume I could use frames within frames, but this is complicated and also requires me to communicate between frames (buttons on the toolbar usually submit the main page as I am using PHP to access a database).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Richard

Try following:

*** title bar is here ****
<DIV id=topiccontent
STYLE=&quot;overflow-x:auto; overflow-y:scroll; WIDTH=100%; HEIGHT=80%;&quot;
onresize=&quot;ResizePageContent()&quot;>
*** page content here ****
</DIV>

Above defines the DIV area that is scrollable. This works in the IE5.0, do not know about other browsers - probably this will not work in other browser, so better use frames. The function above used for resizing set the height of the DIV section properly. Of course, better attach it to the window instead of DIV - just a sample above.

Vlad Grynchyshyn, MVP
vgryn@softserve.lviv.ua
The professional level of programmer could be determined by level of stupidity of his/her bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back