Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

presubmissionqueue building up and no mail being sent

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjeffords

MIS
Mar 25, 2004
US
Hey guys we are having a real problem with our server2000/exchange2000 machine. In exchange the presubmissionqueue is building up over and over. When i first looked in the smtp queue it was over 500 messages. I have tried sending myself mail internally and also externally to an internet email address and i am getting nothing both ways.
Please help !!
This is a pretty important system for a hospitol and we need to get it resolved quickly. Any help will get major kudos !!
Thanks in advance

i just happened to have one email from the internal mail reach my internet email .I sent it at 8:58 pm EST and it didnt get there until 10:19 pm est
Hope this helps
Thanks

Stop and restart your INETINFO service. Sometimes you will not be able to end the process, you may have to use the KILL command.

We have been having a problem with our mail hanging randomly. Restarting the INETINFO service gets everything sent but I am currently working on a cure for this and stopping this from happening all together.

Regards,

Pinhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back