Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

press SPACEBAR or ENTER to activate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamak

Programmer
Sep 6, 2006
US
Is there a workaround that will allow me to have my director app display in browser/via web WITHOUT the annoying browser / activex message: "press SPACEBAR or ENTER to activate and use this control"...

I see a few that seem to work with FLASH movies, but my tests dont work with my .DIR movie playing in IE.

- A

You need to embed your dcr using an external javascript file. Here's how to do it.

Save this file as "insertdcr.js":

Adjust your html source code so it looks like this (which includes the .js file, then calls the 'insertdcr' function):

Then upload both your html source, and the .js file, along with your dcr.

In the example above, my file is called 'game.dcr'. Change the name to the name of your dcr file. Of course if you want to use extra parameters such as sw1 or alternate stretch values, you'll need to edit those in the .js code. This is just a very simple version.

You can see it working here:

(should be no activex warning!)

hope this helps!

- Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back