Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Press 0 for operator from voicemail 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbisw

MIS
Jun 3, 2008
An employee has changed her voicemail greeting to include "... or press 0 for the operator" in IP Office v4.2. How can I enable this for her ext. so when someone is in voicemail they can press 0 and it rings another ext.? Otherwise it just drops into voicemail.

If you have VM Pro, go to her User settings in Manager and in the voicemail tab put the number of the user you want in the Reception/Breakout box.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

FYI for embedded it's *0 not 0 so you may need to re record.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Funny isn't ?

Because of some changes his voicemail you have to reprogram the system

I do not tallk about if it is possible but i am talking about how things happen :)

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Users.. gotta love them sometimes LOL.. why didn't they check to make sure 0 would work before recording inaccurate information? and ask if it could be made to work before recording it.. sure it can work but not by just adding it to the voicemail prompt usually..

Thanks amriddle01! I don't know how I overlooked those options under the Voicemail tab before. We are running VM Pro and 0 works just fine and goes to the right extension. Woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back