Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PREPROCESSOR WOES

Status
Not open for further replies.

rptlady

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
US
I need some help on a preprocessor file. I have an airfare file that needs to go into the AP Preprocessor. I have successfully taken care of the export problem with one hitch. When I bring it up in wordpad to check it, it truncates the line and puts the last 20 or 30 characters at the bottom of the file. Is there a way around this. I have tried the word wrap and it doesn't seem to help, it just wraps the current line. I have posted questions on the Office Forum with no luck. Any help will be appreciated.

We found that Excel also won't work if the import file is a csv or delimited file. Excel inserts garbage formatting that won't get past the preprocessor even if you save as txt. Try a text editor that retains the number of spaces and keeps the file as simple ascii. We use Ultra Edit to view and edit the travel reimbursement files we load into our system via a preprocessor. It has numbered lines so its easier to resolve error when an error report runs. You can download a demo copy (good for 30 days I think) and if you decide to buy it's cheap.

rossgl1

Thanks for the input. I will try that route and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back