Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preprinted forms printing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryJDe

Technical User
Jun 23, 2004
US
I have a Lotus Aproach database that I would like to be able to print certain fields on a preprinted form. I have used trial and error methods creating a form and then arranging the fields. I have used up umteen preprinted forms trying to get it just right. Is there a more elegant way to this?
Perhaps an addin or something like that?

One method is to scan the form into a graphics file. Then in Design mode copy-paste that image onto a blank form. Adjust it to fill the page and print an example on plain paper to see if it matches the preprinted one. Adjust until it does (margins are sometimes a problem that will cause you to need to crop the scanned image).

Once the print is OK, you can place your fields over the image where they belong and again test the printout on plain paper. When all is OK, simply select the image and delete it.

Sue Sloan
XpertSS.com

Thank You!

Your method works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back