Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preparing to install SK98 on a new Win7-64bit machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougSilver

Technical User
Aug 29, 2002
US
The thread I previously posted describes my depressing situation about having to leave SKW2 (apparently will not run in 64-bit). So I will move to SK98--I have all of the install files and have installed it previously on other machines.

From scanning through the threads it looks like SK98 does run in Win7-64 but I want to make sure I understand the install procedure. My instinct would be to install to a separate root-level directory (e.g., c:\sidekick98) but saw some thread (by HenryW) saying to allow the program to install to c:\Program Files\Starfish\Sidekick 98\ instead of c:\Program Files (x86)\Starfish\Sidekick 98\. I would have thought that with Win 7 the problem was installing in ANY of the ProgramFiles directory.

Is there a definitive step-by-step how to that lays this all out correctly?

Thanks,

Doug

Dear Doug

Install into
C:\StarfishFolder and it will create a folder in there called
Sidekick 98
Do not install into the Program Files folder as the Calendar opens a temp file in that folder which is an impossibility as Windows7 onwards will not allow that.

Regards
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back