Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Premium for WG 2007 remote db questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATVrider

IS-IT--Management
Jun 27, 2007
US
Guys: Thanks for the help and just for reading. We have Premium for WG 2007 EX. We will have 15 sales guys using it. I have no reason to segment into territories or anything. Everyone will have full access to everything (not marked private..)
So I create just the one sync set...right?
Should I create a remote db for each remote user?
Let's say I get 8 users online for a period of time and then want to add the other 7 (after the first 8 sync'd)....will I need to create another remote db?

And finally: Kinda OT..if we (you) really fall in love with ACT, and we (you) were in the market for accounting software, would you nearly exclusively look at PeachTree and Quicken because they integrate? (Our ERP system was developed in house by yours truly and could be made to adapt to pretty much any package that would allow read-only ODBC hooks) We are a distributor and manufacturer of small engines with 35m in annual sales and 90 employees.

And Really finally: Since Sage has 3 offerings in the CRM market, does the long term outlook for ACT look as cherry as it once was?

Thanks again for the help!!

Scott

For sync, have you decided if you are syncing via Application, Network or Internet... they are quite different. Yo might have a look at the knowledge base on act.com as they give much better descriptions of how to set up each.

If you developed the ERP and can program in .Net, you could create the hooks into ACT!

Yes - ACT!, with it's 6 million users is still the leader and the three offering really target different segments. ACT!'s brand is so big that it's the only product where the product name is before Sage (ACT! by Sage)

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back