Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Premiere 6 *always* crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeepBlerg

Technical User
Jan 13, 2001
AU
Hi,

I've just installed Premiere 6 on my P3 550 (128MB SDRAM) machine and whenever I start editing video it crashes.

If I added another 128MB RAM would this stop it from crashing?

Thanks.

Not likely. I've got the same problem with Premiere on two different machines. Both have 1 GHz processors (one Intel, the other AMD) and both have 512 mb RAM. I suspected it was a faulty installation until the same thing started happening on the second computer.

It will run for a while but it's almost always guaranteed to crash at some point while editing. I've gotten into the habit of saving my project every time I make the slightest change: Drag a clip to the timeline, save. Razor a clip, save. Drop an effect on a clip, save. Change the effect properties, save.

It's a nuisance, but it's the only thing I've found that works.

I've had this happen as well. One thing is tomake sure my project settings are as close as possible to the type of source material I'm using. For Example: I I set my project for Mpeg, don't pull in Quicktimes or other formats. Instead concert them before putting them in the proj. Bin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back