Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

premier pro 2 capture problem please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gino12

Technical User
Sep 26, 2007
GB
Dell Dimension 5100
Pentium 4 3ghz ht
ATI radeon x300se
2gb ram
I can control the camera from the capture window,the footage plays nicely in the window,I press record to capture the footage to my project,it looks like it is capturing the footage, the timer is engaged above the capture screen, but when I stop the deck, I do not get the log clip window to save the file to my project bin.Hence no capture.I have also discovered that the clips are in my media cache but are 126kb and have nothing on them.I can capture in windows MM and premier 6.5 works too.Any ideas/ solutions will be much appreciated.thx

No idea why you have this problem unless possibly your scratch disks are set to a disk that is almost full or which is very slow (which seems unlikely).

I suggest that you try Scenalyzer Live (a much better and more versatile capture utility that I and many others use instead of Premiere for capture) from
Try-before-buy watermarks captured video, but is otherwise fully functional so you can test it first.

Use Type 2 AVIs for Premiere (Scenalyzer options).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back