Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Premicells, has anyone ever got these working properly 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcd

IS-IT--Management
Feb 10, 2004
GB
I told my boss, dont use premicells they dont work, too unreliable, he replaces old systems with avayas but still need to use these mobile devices, anyway
i have 2 customers with IP500 latest 4.2.11, 1 has 3 premicells, the other has 5, they are unreliable and need to be rebooted all the time, the only advice i have had from our support people is to lower the disconnect clear to 350ms on the analogue lines, can anyone help
Cheers
Terry

As you say the fault here more than likely is with the Premicells so no amount of programming in the IP Office will effect this, You could try as suggested, or find out what timers are on the premicells and knock the IP office 150 ms lower.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

We have made a stubborn customer change their brand of Premicell and that helped quite a lot with echo/hanging issues.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Premicels do work. I have used ones on alog and BRI connections. The old Nokia's used to be the best, but not sold anymore.

Are you connecting these via alog trunks or extns on the system. I have seen people try both!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

both customers have a mixture of Ericssons and T350's from Burnside, also one has a dual sim model, cant remember the make, they are plugged into Trunks not extns, the old Nokias used to give problems as well but you didnt need to reboot them so often

golden rule with premicells - never use analogue, they always need rebooting, always, no matter what brand.

ISDN is the only option - they also need rebooting from time to time (about once every 6 months) but not every 2 or 3rd day.

They want savings - they have to get ISDN, have to, definetely, don't go there.

Definetely.

Even if you are putting in a system and replacing the current - don't use the analogue.

its got to be down to the brand of premicell we are all using because we use analogue line card all the time to get this working with no issues, the only time we had an issue was when the signal was not strong enough in the room to keep the premicell alive

unlike a mobile phone if the signal drops to 0 a premicell has to be rebooted where as a mobile telephone does not..

we use easygate FCT's as they are called (correct me if im wrong premicell was the brand by nokia)

what brands do you guys use?

I have installed few Ericsson G35, and had problems with Volume, spoke to the supplier and they askeed me to increase the RX and TX volume on Premicell. This simmes to make some difference.
Tested G35 on Small Office no background noise or echo, but have the problem with echo and backgroung hiss on 406v2 and IP500.
I am going to install some more on IP500 next week, will let you know how I got on.
Supplier will just ask you to connect a phone to the premicell and if no echo or hiss then they will blame the IP Office.

Dear Bhadesia,
I have 2 Ericsson G35 installed on my phones, i have same problem with volume,
can you tell me how exactly did you increase the incoming and outgoing (RX/TX) volumes ?
I couldn't find a way to increase the volume thanks.

Thank you.

Hi Vedatg

G35 needs a special cable that you have to connect to G35 and other end has 9 Pin connection for your PC Com port.

Then you need to run Hyperterm and issue AT commands. This commands will be asved on the Simm card.

I had to order this cable from our supplier. Once you have the cable you need to do the following.

Volume Levels
To increase the volume levels use the following AT commands.
General volume
AT*ESETW=w400,x
X can be 0 to 3
To increase TX volume use
AT*ESETW=L101,x
Generally this is 22
To increase RX volume use
AT*ESETW=L102,x
Generally this is 16
Values for x are 0 to 32
To make them permanent, till the SIM type is changed use
AT*FWTFW
When the SIM is changed to a different network operator the values will return to the default state.

If you are using the G35, there is no means of connecting this unit to a PC via a USB interface, therefore the Ericsson system cable must be used. If you wish to purchase one of these cables we can source one, but this is only really required if you are going to be configuring a number of units. If you only wish to configure one unit we can do this for you. Please send the unit to:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back