Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Premeire only exports 19 min. of video 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAP50

Technical User
Jul 24, 2001
US
I have a video that I am trying to export as an Windows DV AVI file. I have captured several video clips from my Sony miniDV camcorder and have created a video that is approximately 1 hr. 15 min. in length. I can export to tape with no problems. When I try to export to an AVI file, I can only export in 19 minute chunks. I have plenty of room on my hard drive to export the whole video, but it stops at 19 minute intervals. I have the entire work area selected to export.

Is there a setting to allow for larger export files?

Thanks,

Todd

You're hitting the FAT32 file size limit. If you redo your drive with NTFS, you can get it all on there.

You need to use Selective Rendering which is the same as Pinnacle 'Instant Video' on boards such as the DC30.

What this means is that your captured video should be exactly the same as your output (rate, depth, res etc).

When you then edit your video, including cuts/splices and transitions, Premiere only re-renders those bits where things are different.

Playing back in preview then will play your entire movie (On you screen or TV) with Premiere stitching together all the individual bits on the fly, you never actually output a complete avi to your HDD.

If you need a complete avi than you will come up against the 2gb barrier (Win98) and the 4gb barrier (W2K). These file size limitations are not the fault of Adobe, but Microsoft.

But beware, I have found that to make truly 'Selective Rendering' compatible footage involves re-rendering (overnight) all your raw footage using the Batch rendering facility in Premiere.

Can i burn a video on to a cd...if so how?

-Shawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back