Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preloader troubles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

owngod

Programmer
Aug 12, 2001
US
I used the tutorial at to make my preloader. But when I run the movie, all it does is start flashing back and forth between the preloader scene and the scene 1 scene. Is it because I only have 1 frame in scene 1, or what? Maybe I did something wrong... I don't know, please help!

Do you have a stop() action in frame 1 of scene1?
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

Meaning Flash 5, will even loop on a 1 frame movie. Of course in this case, you have more than 1 frame, since the preloader is included, but unless you have a stop in scene 1, it will loop back to the beginning, thus flashing your preloader and first scene!
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

Thats the problem im having! Making a pre-loader, when i saw that link i really got my hopes up but the link doesnt work :-( !! Im also having trouble linking to files, not URL's but say files on system or cd. Ive made my flash intro which will go onto cd and autorun when the cd is put in but the button in the intro will link t files on the disk, how do u link to files ???

Flaskit seems down this morning... Should be available later!
But in any case... Don't see why you would need a preloader on a cd played locally! Preloaders are for web use, and mostly for first time around. Once the movie has downloaded to your machine (unless your clear your cache or the site is updated), most subsequent visits to the site, should skip the preloader.
As for opening files from within the cd, using the FSCommand with "exec" should solve your problem.
Read up about the FSCommand in the help files.
mywink.gif
ldnewbie
Hope that this
was helpful!

ok, thanx! noooo, the preloader isnt for the cd, that would b stupid...im not that dumb (i dont think so anyway). The preloader is for a site, the file linking thing is for the cd ! Thanx very much oldnewbie for your help ! i may have to join this site as it is very good !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back