Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preloaded Audio breaks up on playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

echoblaster

Technical User
Jun 13, 2007
IE
Hi,

I have a flash movie for a client at
I have a preloader built in to the movie but the audio crackles and breaks as if it is trying to catch up with a stream when I play it back.

This doesnt make sense to me as the audio shouldn't have to stream if it is preloaded? Or maybe I've got this wrong somewhere.

Any suggestions on how to make the audio playback while keeping such with the animation and avoiding any break up of the audio would be much appreciated.

Thanks guys

I've decompiled and extracted the sound from your movie, and I'm sorry to report that the crakling is on the track itself... So it should be redone! Or at least a new output made, to see if the crakles were just on the output or on the recording itself.

As for the attached sound, it's not preloaded within your movie's preloader, since it's an attached soundObject...
So that probably explains the break ups & lost of sync on the initial download on a slow connection, since on my cable connection, it does work as expected, with no break ups and no lost of sync...

As a workaround, you could either use a seperate preloader only movie (so that the sound is in fact preloaded) or uncheck the Export on the First Frame box (but leave the Export for Actionscript box checked), and drag an instance of your sound on some unplayed frame, between your preloader frames(s) and the actual starting frame of your movie...

Regards. FLASH HELP - OPENED FOR BUSINESS!
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

Thanks for your advice oldnewbie.

The crackles are definitely in the output rather than the recording.

I tried using your plan b, but the audio is still breaking up for me.

Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back