Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preload Deplist

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
Hello all,
I have a 4.50 system in my lab, and I wanted to preload the .ssc deplist files to the software CF prior to loading the system. I have tried dropping the .ssc files under the patch directory of u: but that doesn't seem to work. Any help would be great!!! thanks

I've just almost the same thing on a 04.00t system the other day.
What you need to do is to copy the zip file containing the zipped patches onto your PCMCIA or CF card no larger than 128 megs and make sure the file name is shortened down to the 8 character format such SSC450W.ZIP etc.

You might want to go into "PDT" and navigate to where the existing patches are stored which is c:/u/patch and do poos all, followed by pout all. Then do a "trp" to warmstart the system and clear out all the previous patches.

Log back in again and go to LD 143. You will need to key in something along the lines of
mdp refresh a:ssc450w.zip

"a" = PCMCIA / CF card in slot "A". just key "y" and follow the instructions. I've attached a guide I did a long time ago.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Hi firebird, thanks for writing back. I know how to install the patches as a deplist, what im trying to do is avoid that second step and take all 200+ .ssc files and drop them in a directory on the 4.50w r21 software CF card prior to the clean install. This way when the system loads the deplist during install, it will find all the .ssc files I dropped ???? somewhere on the CF software card. Currently only two .ssc files come with a fresh burn of 4.50w r21 for option 11 systems and they reside . In any case, let me know if this is doable. thanks again

I think the CF card has a directory where the patches can be placed so as..

pdt> cd a:
pdt> cd /u/patch
pdt> ll

Directory of 'a:/u/patch':

SIZE DATE TIME NAME
---------- ----------- -------- ------------
512 Nov-27-2014 15:49:10 . <DIR>
512 Nov-27-2014 15:49:10 .. <DIR>
512 Nov-27-2014 15:49:10 RETEN <DIR>

pdt>

You might have to alter one of the files during the installation that points to the area where the default patches are loaded in and this could be tricky.

Personally, I've just the zip file many times so that it automatically unzips and install the patches at the same time or I put in all the required patches in the folder as suggested above and then I use a script file to copy them across from e.g. the "A" slot into the area in c:/u/patch" and then just use pload all and pins all.

What I have found out is that certain daughterboards (older ones) won't support all the patches that were release and the official zip method often fails to work, whereas my other method will install as many patches as possible or only the ones I need.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Good deal, thanks for the help. im running some tests now and will advise how it works out, at least as far as 4.50w r21 works anyway. I plan on testing other versions later 5.5, 6.0, etc possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back