Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prefix trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishelpdesk

Technical User
Mar 16, 2001
GB
We want to have our Helpdesk cases split into 2 types, Service Requests and Incidents. We want Service Requests to have a Request ID starting LONSRV and Incidents starting LONINC. How can I, with workflow, affect the Request ID value. It needs to be kept in mind that this is for helpdesk and whatever we do needs to occur before the system sends new data to SHR:Consolidated List'

Any Ideas??????

1. What version of Remedy are you using?

2. What you are trying to do is within the administrator level/back-end? Do you use SQL Server/Oracle?

We are running AR 4.5.1, Helpdesk 4.0 and using an SQL data base. I have been doing research on this and it does not look like it can be done. Remedy have said that it is not possible.

I thought it was possible, because our helpdesk here has "PN" in front of the problem #'s.... So, I believe it is possible somehow...Just don't know how. Perhaps some other person could help out.

What we have had to do is create a new field that is populated by the C/T/I and the remedy ticket numer. That field will give a different prefix depending on the C/T/I. We then hid the Original ticket number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back