Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prefix stripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFe

Technical User
Jul 28, 2019
RO
Hi,
First, I found this forum by google so I'm new here.
I need help with the following problem: I have a phone (phisically have it) that only allows 0800 numbers. Its not any office or business phone, just one old hardware that I acquired.
I would like to use it as a regular phone so I would like some solution that would strip the first 3 digits of anything I dial. For example: If I dial 0800123456789 the number that would go through the network should be 0123456789/
Can I find some hardware that would do that? Like a raspberry pie or arduino? or anything else?
Any help is apreciated

Thanks

Any documentation regarding manufacture and model of said telephone?

Yes... please supply a little more information. The make/model of the phone, and if it's an IP based phone, then to what system are you connecting?

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

its an intracom int 200.
before asking I do own the phone which was taken out of service for at least 8 years now.
it is working fine otherwise

I don't think anyone was questioning your ownership of the equipment... we're not like that. :)

That being said, I'm finding very little on that particular model phone. I'm a little curious, though, about your question... you want to strip off the first 3 digits of "anything you dial".

If that's the case, why don't you just not dial the first 3 digits? Why 3 extra presses every time for something you know is going to be stripped off?

So what kind of phone is it? Is it an IP phone? Are you connecting to a SIP service? Or is it a wired phone? Is it connected to a PBX or other "brain box"?

Stripping and even stripping/replacing digits is a relatively easy task; I do it all the time here on my ASTERISK system (the reason being, someone may dial the area code + exchange for a local call, so I strip off the area code for them for that exchange...)

Just my $.02

"What the captain doesn't realize is that we've secretly replaced his Dilithium Crystals with new Folger's Crystals."

--Greg

Looks like it might be a card phone made in Bulgaria or near there.

Agreed, not enough details from the OP but Intracom apparently still exists if you want to try them direct.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

It was manufactured in Greece by intracom
I want to strip the first 3 digits because that way I can actually use it to dial.
The card system of the phone works but there are no cards anymore and I cant find one that wasn't used, so I could try clone it.
Since the 0800 numbers were free to dial even on public phones, when you dial 0800x the phone recognizes the free number and lets you dial. If you try dialing anything else than 0800 it requires a valid card with credit to be inserted.
If I could strip "080" than all I have to do to use the phone is to always dial 0800xxxxxxxxx, 0xxxxxxxxx being the actual number that I need to dial.
I was recommended to use obib212, but that's only available in US and the cost of it plus shipping is to much for this project.
I opened the phone and noticed some jumpers. I played a bit with a few (don't want to risk damaging the phone) and found one that if I move it to another position doesn't ask for the card but it wont dial and after a few seconds would give an error.
I contacted the manufacturer and they don't want to help me because they only deal with telecom companies..

MrFe said:
[ul]
[li]there are no cards anymore and I cant find one that wasn't used,[/li]
[li]contacted the manufacturer and they don't want to help [/li]
[li]I opened the phone and noticed some jumpers. I played a bit with a few [/li]
[/ul]
Still no mention of a model number for identification purposes.[sad]

It appears at this point your options are to either locate a wiring diagram to even see if it's possible for bypass the need for cards or locate blank cards...or perhaps make your own cards out of a firm stock paper?
I wouldn't even begin working with the jumpers if you don't have a clue as to what the exact consequences are.

If you choose to manufacture you own cards scroll to the bottom of this page to see how to code the cards:

Or plug the holes on your cards.

Those cards are not compatible.
The cards that work with this phone are like credit cards but without the magnetic stripe. just the chip. (see picture)
20190814_230919_duqp4l.jpg

IC card. [Paper was easier]

Have you explored a card reader/writer?

I have a card reader/writer but cant find any software that I could use.
I mean I'm not a programmer so coding is not an option.. If you know any software that would be easy to learn..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back