Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pre-load video into cache-on popup video plays very slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

carm2

Technical User
Aug 23, 2010
CA
I want to pre-load a video into cache so that when one clicks on a pop-up window, the video starts to play.
The issue I have now is that when they click on the popup, all the text/images with in that pop-up takes a long time to load as they are also competing with the video loading (this is what I think is happen?)
Is it possible to pre-load the video from the parent page, so that when the popup opens, there is no delay on the popup and the video starts to play?

Here is the URL for the parent page.

Under Matrix Energetics paragraph, click on the ...more button to see the popup with the video playing.

I used PAGEot 1.9.11 to generate the HTML & JS code.

Thanks in advance for your help in solving this problem

Chris

The main reason we use a pop-up or secondary window is to offer the user the option to open additional content. Preloading the content on the parent window defeats this option for the user.

Video should be encoded at a rate that it can stream without the need to pre-load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back