Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pre Design Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkNie

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
GB
Hi All

Hope you are well!!

I am currently in the process of trying to design a new DB. What I would like to find out is if it is possible to create a querie which runs other queries on specific days eg.

I want to do a stats report but need to run the queries for yesterday's date (which I know I can do). The problem that I am thinking of is how to do that when I want to run in for a Friday when today is Monday. Is there a way that you could run it for specific dates and days?

Any help or ideas on this would be great..

Thanks
Regards
Mark

You need to create a find a function that will return the previous "business" day based on a date...I have seen several instances here in the FAQs. In this way, you can give a date and it will calculate the previous business day for you. You will also need to take into account holidays and the like, so your solution should prepare for that as well...

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
CCNA, CCDA, MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+, CHDP
VB/Access Programmer

It's easy just create a parameter query and you can pick any date you'd like and the query will grab it for you. If you have any odd or incomplete data you will get an error message so make sure you check your table/query if you have any problems. The parameter can read however you like example: between [start date] and [end date]

Nathan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back