Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Praying to the Porcelain God

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESquared

Programmer
Dec 23, 2003
US
A while back when I was playing Rollercoaster Tycoon, I got inspired by the roller coaster name "The Vomit Comet" to try to come up with my own euphemisms for throwing up, to name some of my custom-built high-intensity rollercoasters.

This thread is for you to share any euphemisms you know, plus to invent your own. Here are my original contributions!

I suppose some of these might be called dysphemisms. Any way you look at it, they all mean the same thing.

I think I'm going to:

- feed the dog (at "dog," bend over to the side and groan out da then look at what you did for a moment, then say, "here boy!" and whistle)
- unpack my snack
- unmunch my lunch
- serve my milkshake
- empty my blender
- make air pizza

And made up on the spot in this post:
- spill my pills (after taking vitamins or something)
- give the chef a rebate
- empirically prove that what goes down, sometimes comes up

Maybe I'll fire up RCT and try to find some more old names I made up so I can post them here.

Multi-coloured yawning.

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

You can't forget the

[red]tec[/red][COLOR=yellow red]hni[/color]col[green]or[/green] [blue]yawn[/blue].

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Two minds without a single thought!

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Mmmmmm. Tasty topic...I believe I'll excuse myself.

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Dave,

That's an interesting way to say it. Never heard of that one before.

"I think I'll excuse myself." Hmmm.

Do you think it might be a little too subtle for some? I am sure there are people who wouldn't get it.

;-)

[wink]

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
[I provide low-cost, remote Database Administration services: www.dasages.com]

Pavement pizza anyone? Or saying hello down the big white telephone? Or calling Hughie? The Aussies have a word for it too - chunder (as in the 'Down Under' song).

I want to be good, is that not enough?

Ken,

I once heard a Scottish friend naming it "Calling Huey on the big white telephone"

p5

That's certainly a variant on it I've heard, p5!

I want to be good, is that not enough?

Raaaalph!

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Dropping Chuck off at the Superbowl (based on my variant of poo'ing...Dropping the Browns off at the Superbowl).

All I've got to say about this whole thread is wow. =P

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

rjoubert - To me that's dropping the kids off at the pool...

Fee

The question should be [red]Is it worth trying to do?[/red] not [blue] Can it be done?[/blue]

Reminds me about a holiday situation where I lacked a word for it: sitting on the hotel beach with my friend a dog came to us, wagged it's tail, barked and then vomited right beside us and went away.

It was hard to tell the hotel personnel what happened and that they should come and clean it. "a dog has *making as sound* there" did not ring a bell to them. But perhaps the sound was all they understood, this was in Tangier, Morocco.

Bye, Olaf.

Tossing your cookies.

Hmmm. I wonder if someone can create a program for cleaning your browser cache and name it "Vomit" since it "tosses your cookies."

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Please, please, focus on the word smithing aspect of the task, not on that it describes a yucky bodily function. :)

fertilizing the lawn

self-induced stomach pump

backwards colonic
[tab]or
colonic from the other end

"I just made room for the second course"

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ 181-2886 before posting.

-Reverse dinner

-Drinking from the dog bowl

-The Olsen Twins

And my favorite (Thanks, Pop!)...

-I'm going to go see a man about a horse

In college we referred to it as "huggin' the porcelain".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back