Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPTP VPN; Win2K VPN server problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TekConsult

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2003
US
Dear Experts:

I can connect to the VPN server..Can ping only the VPN server but not any of the other other networked PCs or other devices such as router and firewall? And cannot access any resources in the LAN except those at the VPN server.

I am using the RRAS of a Win 2K advanced server as the VPN server..the server has only 1 NIC..which connects to the LAN..and assigns another IP in the same subnet to the VPN tunnel.

e.g., using 10.10.1.1 for the server's local LAN IP, and getting 10.10.1.15 for the tunnel. The VPN client gets 10.10.1.16 (from a range like 10.10.1.16--25).

The configuration is like this:

|Remote Client|-------------|->Netopia Router->SonicWall Firewall-->LAN--VPN Server with only one NIC)

Can anyone explain where the problem is? I am frustrated by this problem.

Thanks in advance for your help.

By the way, the VPN connection uses TCP/IP; NetBEUI is not installed in the server, so client abandons that protocol.

The answer to this problem is that setting enabling the RRAS to act as an IP router did not work for some reason..reinstalling the RRAS with the setting done from the start works. See the same problem and answers in the following thread: "cann't ping static ip but can connect to server?" So this can be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back