Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPTP Pass Thru 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CripTiK

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
US
I have internal systems that need to connect to an ISA box in a remote office. What I need to know is how can I allow a whole subnet to be allowed to connect?

access-list acl-out permit gre host xxx.xxx.xxx.169 host xxx.xxx.xxx.78
access-list acl-out permit gre host xxx.xxx.xxx.219 host xxx.xxx.xxx.78
static (inside,outside) xxx.xxx.xxx.78 192.168.0.128 netmask 255.255.255.255 0 0
access-group acl-out in interface outside

When I have this in I can Pass PPTP thru the PIX to either site...how can I allow a subnet to do this?

HI.

This will not work with PAT, so you will need a bunch of registered ip addresses that you map using NAT or STATIC to that subnet.

Another option is to set up an internal W2K server with RRAS as PPTP gateway/proxy - only the server will do PPTP to the remote ISA server and will act as a virtual router for other clients. This can be done also with some other devices but not with the pix.

And another option is to set up a VPN between the PIX and the remote ISA server - I've never done that but it should be possible if you have cooperation from the other side.

Bye
Yizhar Hurwitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back