Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPTP - Linux RH SecurePlatform FP2 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

seemoss

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2001
CA
How to let my internal clients (using HIDE NAT right now) access an external PPTP Server from behind a Firewall 1/VPN1 running on SecurePlatform with SmallOffice NG FP2. I have tried taking off the Automatic ARP and doing it manually.I have configured the STATIC NAT on the objects. I have the objects setup and I have tried adding the ARP entries and adding the ROUTE from the Linux box command line and nothing seems to work. We do not have a router at this office and I have asked the ISP to clear the router ARP cache for us.

I have three interfaces on the firewall that are setup for 1 External (Internet)2 Office Internal (10.0.40.x) and 3 DMZ (10.0.50.x). I have configured PPTP for 5 clients on another CP Firewall 1 4.1 on a Nokia IP330 we have in another office and it was done through the Voyager interface, but NG just does not seem to work for me. The ARP entry was written as : ARP -s <invalid internal IP> <Firewall MAC Address> and the ROUTE was ROUTE ADD <valid external IP> <invalid object IP>. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back