Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPRC settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

polani

Instructor
Jun 4, 2003
CA
Guys

I am just wondering what would be optimal settings for PPRC in environment where we dont have any automation software ( like GDPS, TPCR, etc)?

I am asking about two parameters especially , xtndlbztimout and consisteny group mode ? As we dont have any automation software to freeze and unfreeze, so i assume that consistency group mode should be disabled and timeout should be set to some lower value like 30 seconds ( not default value of 120 seconds)? I also assume that i have to set these values of each LSS ( source and target LSS in each PPRC pair )using chlcu command?

Please confirm these assumptions and correct me , if wrong!!

(I also heared that in case of any database environment like Oracle and consistency group disabled , timeout should be less than 30 seconds otherwise corruption might happen at primary site as well)

Thanks in advance

Regards

Here comes polani Once again!!!

P690 Certified Specailist
HACMP & AIX Certified Specailist
AIX & HACCMP Instructor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back