Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPPoE without NAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbrennan

MIS
Oct 3, 2000
CA
I have an office that has a DSL connection with PPPoE and want to know if anyone knows of a way or a device that will do the PPPoE authentication but NOT NAT.
I am trying to set up a VPN with Novell Bordermanager and Novell doesn't support PPPoE and the VPN will not work through NAT. [sig][/sig]

Is the DSL a router or a modem ? If you have a DSL modem you can install winpoet 2.0 . This will authenticate the pppoe . Good Luck !!! [sig][/sig]

I didn't know that winpoet was avaliable for Novell Netware 5.
Where can I get it?!?! [sig][/sig]

Linksys makes a router that supports PPoE. It it also supposed to support PPTP pass thru. Check it out at I have it at home. For the money ($120 or so) it has proved very useful and easy to set up. Cisco is supposed to be supporting PPoE on the 827 router soon but I'm not sure when. [sig][/sig]

The only other thing that comes to mine is that you can get a static ip . [sig][/sig]

VPN will work with NAT if you can find out which port
your vpn service is using.
You can create a access list to the server for VPN
Traffic.
I.E.
permit gre(outside ip) (inside ip) for GRE
permit tcp (outside ip ) (inside ip) eq 1723

hope this helps

[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search