Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPPoA bridge on 857 router?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickrude11

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2007
NZ
I have a FortiGate firewall behind a cisco 857 router, and rather than double-nat I would like to be able to bridge the interfaces on the 857 so that the public IP terminates on the Fortigate firewall. Yes they want the firewall for web filtering.

Is this possible? Surely it is.

cheers all.

This is an atm interface, and has to authenticate the ppp session. I have been researching half-bridging, and this is what I need to use. On the dialer interface, the command ppp bridge ip enables half-bridging, but I haven't had any success yet. I only have 1 dynamic IP assigned by the isp.

I have tried bridging vlan1, dialer0, and atm0, but only the vlan interface actually appears in the show bridge output.

My fail option is to create a 1 to 1 nat to the firewall, but this is not the best. I want to terminate a couple of IPSec tunnels on the firewall. I could always put the tunnels on the cisco, but it is still ugly.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back