Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPES Load Balancing - Round robin method

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottsdale2k

Programmer
May 31, 2004
US
Have anybody able to transfer the request to the PPES server in round robin fashion?

I am trying to have the best configuration with load balancing and failover for PPES server.

To achieve this, I am having a dummy PPES dispatcher which will act as a router and transfer the request to other two PPES server which has been mirrored at server level. ie., the number of process at the dummy dispatcher level has been set to zero so that all the request will be sent to the mirrored server.

Could somebody let me know if this is possible and how it can be done?

Thanks !

For me, the request are transferred to the Server based on the order of apperence in the server level mirroring. ie., If I have the ServerA, ServerB, ServerC as mirrored server in the dummy dispatcher server then the request will be transferred to ServerA and then if this is busy then ServerC and finally if this is also busy then ServerB. I have very less control over this order with this configuration.

Please let me know if there is any better way available to acheive the process to served in round robin fasion.

Thanks in advance,
Magesh.

You can not have true load balancing and fail over in the same architecture. You can have fail over with 'spill over' where one server (the first in the list of dispatchers on the gateway) gets all requests until it reaches the threshold and then starts to load balance any further requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back