Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPD Compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

theConjurian

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2002
CA
I just added an iBook to our Windows network, and have just about everything up and running the way it should. The one missing piece is the printer which is connected to a print server.

The OSX 10.3 install does not include a PPD for our ("mature") printer. During the configuration I used a "similar" printer to get things running, but noiw want to get the correct interface confifured. I understand that the PPD was included in 10.2 and I know I can get it from the manufacturer's web site.

Is this compatible?

Is there anything special I should know before I do this.

Of course, get the latest PPD that you can. It should work fine in OS 10.3, we're using PPDs from previous OS's in our 10.3 computers. If you are worried about a specific PPD version, post the version that you have, maybe someone is already using it.

.:TUCK:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back