Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PP 8600: OID's for setting cp-limt

Status
Not open for further replies.

InDenial

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
NL
Hi all,

Was wondering if someone could tell me what the OID's are for setting the cp-limit using SNMP.

thanks,

InD.

Hi,
I think there isn't a solution. The only option I know is configuring cp-limit with CLI/telnet "config ethernet [slot/port] cp-limit [enable/disable]". Device Manager 5.6.1 has no option for configuring cp-limit. If you want to know a MIB variable it is always a good chance to start a trace tool like etherreal on your PC and choose the desired option with DM. In your trace you can see which variable the device manager uses. Why do you want to use cp-limit? It's always better to have a good network design with small broadcast domain instead of such features.

Thanks for the answer.

I had to disable cp-limit on about 60 PP8600 switches wich each have about 32 interfaces. If there was an OID I could just write a little perl script and set it all within minutes. Now I had to do it all by hand. Took some time but it is already done.

InD.

It's although possible to write a telnet script. It's as secure as SNMPv1:)
I haven't any experiences with perl, but I've succesfully made a telnet connection with bash/netcat at port 23:

nc -w 3 $DEVICE_TO_TELNET 23 ....

or with php (taken from a CISCO router script):

$fp = fsockopen ("$DEVICE_TO_TELNET", 23, &$errno, &$errstr, 30);
fputs ($fp, "$USER\r$PASSWORD\r");
fputs ($fp, "[command you would enter in your telnet-session]\n");
$buffer=fgets ($fp,128); // If you want to cache the output
fclose($fp);

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back