Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerware 9170+ problems. Need advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghenadie

Technical User
Feb 15, 2001
RO
Hi all,
Could you please help me clarify the problem I have with the Powerware 9170+. The problem is that due to some cause (voltage fluctuations or power surges or dissapearance of input voltage for a short time) server 'dies' instantly and i have to start it manually. The UPS is unable to switch the server on Battery power so that it shuts down normally.

Another thing is could you please tell me if there could be some misconfiguration related to UPS as I have 3 Battery Charger Modules and 4 Battery strings. The parameter Output KVA: Nominal=9.00 was set manually when configuring the UPS taking into consideration the 3 Battery Charger Modules that we have.

These are the paramteters that the ups is showing.
Battery Voltage=142.78
Backup Time=26.00
ABMSTATUS=ABMCHARGING

Output Voltage: Nominal=220.00
Output Voltage: Maximum=276.00
Output Voltage: Minimum=176.00
Output Voltage: Phase 1=220.00
Output RMS Current: Nominal=40.90
Output RMS Current: Maximum=40.90
Output RMS Current: Phase 1=13.60
Output KW: Nominal=6.30
Output KW: Phase 1=3.00
Output KVA: Nominal=9.00
Output KVA: Phase 1=3.00
Output Frequency: Maximum=53.00
Output Frequency: Minimum=47.00
Output Frequency: =49.97
STATUS=ONLINE
Input Voltage: Nominal=220.00
Input Voltage: Maximum=276.00
Input Voltage: Minimum=176.00
Input Voltage: Phase 1=221.00
Input RMS Current: Nominal=40.90
Input RMS Current: Maximum=40.90
Input RMS Current: Phase 1=15.60

It's strange that i have the load of 49% and i begining to think that it is a bad module or the ups nominal power is 6KVA and not 9KVA. Could this setting affect the way UPS reacts at fluctuations?

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back