Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerVM express, standard and VET code

Status
Not open for further replies.

svnhunix

Technical User
Mar 27, 2008
BE
On I can see the VET activation code of my system.

Following the rules on I can determine I have an PowerVM Express (or whatever).

Question: is there a way of finding that VET code I see on the website on the system itself (commandline on IVM of HMC)?

"lsvet -t code -m systemname" gives only the information needed to request a code. And on my express edition I can't see any history of entering a code (because it's default?) with "lsvet -t hist".

I want to script a little bit around this, but then I have to query that code on the system itself.

thx
Steven

hmm...

and what I can tell if for my P6 system which was bought with the PowerVM Standard feature there is no VET code seen on the 'cod' website? the PowerVM Standard had to be loaded in factory to my server so no VET code is needed to obtain from the Web... I configured a VIO server in HMC GUI on that box so it is not ppowervm express which works only with IVM...

maybe it is not what you need but maybe finding a command which displays server capabiliteis from the command line will give needed info... from HMC GUI, when you run server Properties in Capabilites TAB you can see:

Virtual I/O Server Capable [True or False]
Micro-partitioning Capable [True or False]
if true then you have at least Standard PowerVM - can install VIO on server HMC attached

Active Partition Mobility Capable [True or False]
if True, then you have PowerVM Enterprise feature enabled...

Please also note that you can have some VET codes avaialbe on WEB COD site which can be yet not entered to the system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back