Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerTools Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

varnix

Programmer
Jan 7, 2002
US
I recently purchased some tags from SmartSurfOnline, their PowerTools package to be exact. I'm trying to use their PowerPost-ITs tags dynamically.

According to their website and their forums it is possible to use this tag dynamically. Unfortunately, they give NO examples whatsoever.

I don't know if anyone is familiar with this tag or not, so I'll go over part of its implementation first.

Part of the tag is an init tag that has one attribute who's name is static 'maxNotes' and then the rest of the attributes which take on the form of 'note1', 'note2'. Now supposedly, we can create the notes dynamicall ie using note#count#, etc. But I continually get an error from the CF compiler.

So is there a way to create attribute names dynamically within a custom tag that anyone knows of? I've tried using CFLOOPs, CFSCRIPT, and several other things that I don't even recall anymore.

Any examples of any tag being dynamic would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back