Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerstor L200- Win2000Serv SP4 and BE 9.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaudi66

Technical User
Jul 18, 2007
IT
Hi! I'm a newby and thanks ev'ryone who will help me...
I'm in trouble since my dlt tape unit (DLT7000) had crashed.
I'm using veritas BE 9 rev.4454 in W2000 Server, and my vendor gave us in substitution a Quantum Powerstor L200.
In computer management I can see that my controller reveal the unit like Quantum xx14 Medium Changer and no problem with other units,IRQ etc.
Inside BE 9 I report that my Library is on but I can't start Charger (lite grey-disabled)so I can't access to slots...
Down here I report 2 win2000 event viewer alerts
==============================================
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Removable Storage Service
Event Category: None Event ID: 1
Date: 18/07/2007 Time:12:39:18
User: N/A Computer: VERITAS
Description:
Unable to auto-configure library unit Changer0. The current setup of the library unit does not support automatic configuration. You will either have to modify the current setup of the library to adhere to automatic configuration guidelines (if possible) or manually configure the device.
=====================================================
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Removable Storage Service
Event Category: None Event ID: 134
Date: 18/07/2007 Time:12:38:58
User:N/A Computer: VERITAS
Description:
Received a device interface ARRIVAL notification for device:
\\?\SCSI#Changer&Ven_QUANTUM&Prod_Powerstor_L200&Rev_0026#4&8accf72&0&000#{53f56310-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}

Actually I'm using this drivers downloaded from IBM:
qntm14mc.exe...
In Win2000 into RemovableStorage -> Phisical Location -> can't see my Tape Library.
Please help me...I'm getting crazy...
bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back