Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerprompts and IMRs in ReportNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cogjai

Programmer
May 8, 2002
HK
Hi
I dont have any idea regarding ReportNet. We have developed impromptu reports and some powerprompts applications for web users and published in upfront. The users are accessing the reports thru upfront. If we want to migrate to ReportNet, can we use the existing impromptu reports and powerprompts applications. If yes, how can i use them and how much effort do we need to put while migrating to ReportNet for one powerpromt application and one impromptu report.

thanks in advance

Currenlty you can't migrate IMR reports to ReportNet, you can only migrate the catalog's. You will have to recreate your reports in ReportNet. Cognos is currently working on migration tool to allow IMR reports to be migrated into ReportNet reports.

If you are seriously considering switching to ReportNet, I would not suggest waiting for the conversion tool, unless you have a large scale implementation of Cognos web products.
Rewriting a few reports now will probably be a lot less painful than converting and testing a lot of reports.

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back