Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint ver. 2003 open with Powerpoint 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemszeleong

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2002
SG
guys, i have some problem here.

a 2003 powerpoint documents when opened using MS Office Powerpoint 2007, everything appears fine.

but once, you print it (either physical output or PDF), some columns, tables, drawing objects will gone missing.

but if you use MS office 2010 powerpoint. it seems perfect.
can anyone help here?

Thanks
(Windows 7 64BIT with MS Office 2007)

print preview, all ok.
nothing wrong with it.

just that once you print it to paper or PDF, something will gone missing, whether it was a chart, objects or table.

2007 is fully patched.

i can only assume that, Microsoft did not do a good job on the 2003 to 2007 thing.

surprisingly, office 2010 seems to be able handle 2003 powerpoint files brilliantly. seamless

Hi I did convert it to PPTX from PPT.

but the problem persists after that. still looks fine on the preview but once print, something gone missing.

there are 2 work around:

use office 2010, bingo!

using office 2007, copy slide by slide from ppt to a new pptx. you will see the formatting lost once it lands on the new PPTX file. but you can print it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back