Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPoint,Timing Music and Slides

Status
Not open for further replies.

burr

Programmer
Jul 17, 2000
US
Has any one done any timing of music and slides of the words to the music. I believe I have decided that the precise timing needed is not possible. It can be done on one computer, but the timing sequences cannot be moved to another Cd drive or computer. I have 2 cd readers and 1 burner and they all play the PPT/CD at different timings. I've tried MP3, WAV and CDA files. The CDA, Std music format, without any modification has the best repeatability from one drive to another, but still not good enough. I believe the problem lies basicly in the CD players. Using PowerPoint 2000.
Has any one done any thing with this?

Burr Stephens
Anderson IN
Burr Stephens
burr-stephens@worldnet.att.net

You are as good as your weakest link. The best approach would be to set the timings on the slowest machine you can find and resign yourself to the fact that the show isn’t going to move the way you like.

PPT will advance slides depending on the time settings or when it's got the next slide ready. It will not display the next slide until it decides that it is ready. Things to keep in mind: pictures (ie JPGs) need to be decompressed by PPT before displaying. You might want to use BMPs. Also, some of the animations can take pretty long to analyze, prepare and then display on slower systems.

So, I don’t think the CD player is at fault; different CPU speeds affect the PPT differently.
-Radix lecti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back