Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint Slide Show Music 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flip79

MIS
Jul 5, 2002
US
How can you make a slideshow with Microsoft Powerpoint? I am trying to make a slide-show with music and a customized soundtrack that coincides with each slide, but I can't figure out how to start a music file and have it running for the duration of the slide show.

From the menu select "Insert" then "Movies and Sound...". From here select the type of sound you want to include. For example, to include an MP3, select "Sound from File" and find your song. This will place a small speaker icon on your slide.

Then you can select "Slide Show" from the menu and then "Custom Annimation". Select the "Multimedia" tab and then the object you placed on the slide. Check "Play using annimation order" and then "Continue slide show". Set the number "Stop playing after # of slides" greater than your total number of slides and you are set!

Thanks a lot! I posted the question for my boyfriend, and he says it works great!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back