Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PowerPoint Recovery Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.

timpi

Programmer
Nov 15, 2001
BE
Hello

Yesterday, Windows crashed on my computer (due to Euroglot...) and I didn't save my PowerPoint-document (I know, how stupid!!! but normally I do). When I rebooted en restarted PowerPoint, the Recovery runs but I can't recover my auto-saved document... When I click "Open" or "Save As" or after double clicking, Powerpoint starts opening the file ("PowerPoint is opening ppt24.tmp") but then suddenly stops. I get no error messages, but the file won't open. The recovered document is still in the "Available Files" recovery list.

Anybody? :-(

greetings
tim

I found this site on the web that may help. No promises. It has a nifty tool (free trial) that may assist you with your recovery effort.

I have never used this before. Could you let me know how it went?

thanks for the link, but it wasn't that usable... it recoverd some of my textboxes and none of the graphics. :( you could try it yourself with an existing .ppt-file, this gives the same result.

tnx anyway ;)

greetings
tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back