Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint files not opening correctly in Netscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

orangejuice

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
CA
Hi,

I have a Flash interface (have asked in the Flash forum but nobody knows) which has numerous links to powerpoint show files. When Internet explorer is the default browser, these files open into the HTML window I have specified through javascript (proper size, no scrollbars, etc). When Netscape is the default (any version) the files open in another window with the full powerpoint program rather than just as a show file. Any idea how I can get the file to open in my specified window and not open the entire powerpoint program?? Perhaps this is just an unfixable netscape issue... Any suggestions are appreciated!

What if the user does not have powerpoint or the powerpoint viewer? IE will not display it, will it?

Why not export HTML from PowerPoint?

This is not really a netscape issue - it is an IE issue. Since IE and PP come from Microsoft, they are able to integrate easily with those handy little OCX's. Other browsers will not do this. What about Safari and Mozilla users?

Your best bet is to export HTML from PowerPoint.

- - picklefish - -

Thanks! I hadn't considered exporting as an HTML page... That works perfectly! Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back