Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Powerpoint effects - The letter by letter typer

Status
Not open for further replies.

danp123

Technical User
May 24, 2003
GB
Hi,
I am currently working with kids trying to get them to use powerpoint more efficently!?! They aren't bad one came up to me and asked how to get the 'typewriter' style effect that he could get at home. You know the word/letter by letter typing style and he wanted a scratching effect like writing on a parchment which i have got but i cannot find the typewriter effect anywhere because in this XP style powerpoint the old custom animation seems to have been replaced so is it anywhere
Thanks for any help and sorry if it sounds a bit babyish!

Hi danp123,
In PowerPoint XP, open the Custom Animation Task Pane. Highlight the text you want to affect. Drop down the Add Effect menu and select Entrance/More Effects. in the Moderate category, there's a tool for Color Typewriter. You can make it type fast or slow and change the default colors by clicking on the arrow that appears next the selection in the bottom portion of the Task Pane and selecting Timing.

Hope this helps!
Best,
BlueHorizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back