Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

POWERPOINT..... Can it do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quarm

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2002
GB
Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to establish various methods for the following problem. I want to create some kind of slide show or simple animation using 9 words. Upon saving this file as (x) in application (x1). I want this animation or slide show to appear after a user has turned on his/her machine and after he/she has logged on, for approxinately 5 - 7 seconds. I know about putting things in the startup folder and have applications run that way...but i have never done this sort of slide show where just the show appears without the application in view and dissapears 7 sec later, and everything else starts normally.

Has anyone have any clue as to has this could be done?...as i have been trying for ages and have not reached close to a respectable solution.

Any help from anyone on the planet would be truely greatly appreciated...many thanks.

Hi,

this does what I thought it does...it opens up the application as well.

Q.

Have you tried the Pack & Go feature of Powerpoint? If you save it in a differnet area of your HDD to your normal program files and then run the shortcut from STARTUP as previously suggested, it should not open the whole app (since it won't be available). This method is used if you want to send someone a presentation who does not have powerpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back